The South African body that represents valve and actuatuator manufacturers has endorsed PVP 2017.
The Valve and Actuator Manufacturers Cluster of South Africa (VAMCOSA) was set up in 2011 to bring local manufacturers together to create a common focus and goal for the respective industries. It also provides an effective platform for its members to lobby government.
Pumps, Valves & Pipes Africa 2017(PVP 2017), presented by INDUTEC, is the largest and most comprehensive trade-show in sub-Saharan Africa dedicated to the conveyance of liquids, gasses and slurries.
“VAMCOSA is pleased to endorse PVP 2017at The Gallagher Conference Centre in Johannesburg from May 17 to 19,” saidMark Wilson, VAMCOSA Champion.
“We believe both events are of huge importance to our industry both in highlighting our capability and the challenges our industry faces. The synergy of PVP 2017 with our sector is critical to the success of all three industry groups. We are pleased to be involved with this event.”
VAMCOSA is one of three industry clusters that is part of the SA Capital Equipment Export Council (SACEEC),which represents the capital equipment and project sector for new projects and aftermarket. It is also the endorsed representative body for consulting engineers and their associated bodies.
VAMCOSA focuses on five main goals:
- Grow the South African valve and actuator industry, through the manufacture of products with locally produced castings, forgings and materials increasing the value chain both upstream and downstream and promote growth and sustainability.
- Promote localisation, which improves job creation and skills development. It provides the opportunity to promote interaction between the local manufacturers and state-owned companies (SOCs)and municipal-owned enterprises (MOEs), helping to define requirements.
- Promote export business in conjunction with the SACEEC.
- Promote transformation by jointly looking at enterprise development in valve-orientated businesses.
- To create a respected quality marque ensuring high standards and specifications that are uniform across SOCs andMOCs.
VAMCOSA also works continually to improve collective technology through research and development and works closely with the National Foundry Technology Network and the local foundry industry.